A tasty and healthy side dish – created by our raw food chef Magalie at Amchara Gozo.
- 2 large courgettes, cut in slices
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 2 handfuls fresh basil
- Olive oil (not extra virgin)
- Juice of 1 lemon juice
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, mince
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- Cook onion in a pan with olive oil and water (steam-frying).
- When slightly brown, add the courgettes with the sea salt, black pepper, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Cook on slow-heat for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the fresh basil just before the end.
- Before serving, sprinkle fresh garlic and nutritional yeast.
Other recipes you may like: