A sweet delight, made with spelt flour – created by our raw food chef Magalie at Amchara Gozo.
- 1 cup apple juice
- 200g medjool dates, roughly chopped
- 300g dried raisins
- ½ cup pumpkin, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cup spelt flour
- ¼ cup flaxseed
- 1 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. mixed spice
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180C. Combine apple juice, dates and dried raisins, bring to boil and simmer for three minutes. Set aside.
- Mix in cooked, mashed pumpkin and egg. Combine flour, bicarbonate of soda, mixed spice and walnuts.
- Pour batter into an oven dish and bake for 1 hour.
Other recipes and topics you may like: