Try these delicious, healthier alternatives to brownies – perfect for Christmas dessert!
Makes: dozen brownies (6 servings)
- 200 grams walnuts, soaked and dehydrated
- 6 tablespoons pitted dates
- 6 tablespoons carob powder or cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of cherry extract
- 25 grams chopped walnuts, soaked and dehydrated
- 25 grams dried pitted cherries, chopped
- 3 tablespoons water
- Place the 200 grams of walnuts in a food processor outfitted with the “S” blade and grind them until they are the consistency of meal.
- Loosely separate the dates, and add them to the food processor. Continue to process until the mixture is well combined.
- Add the carob or cocoa powder and the cherry extract, and process to mix. Transfer the brownie mixture to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining walnuts and the cherries to the brownie mixture, and sprinkle with the water.
- Mix well with hands.
- Pack mixture into a 7 by 7-inch brownie tin. Chill for at least one hour before slicing and serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week or in the freezer for three months.
Other chocolate based recipes:
- Sugar, Dairy, Gluten and Sin-Free Chocolate Pecan Brownies
- Guilt Free Raw Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake
- Superfood Chocolates
- Fridge-baked, Chocolate, Flaxseed & Almond Fudge
- Chocolate Mousse Tart with Fresh Berries