Flaxseeds are undoubtedly miniature powerhouses of nutrients – chock a block with protein, fibre, healthy fats, antioxidants and vital minerals. They are also one of nature’s best sources of lignans; phytoestrogens renowned for their potent hormone-balancing, anti-cancer and heart protective properties.
This healthy recipe provides an irresistible sugar and gluten-free alternative to traditional fudges.
- 200g sesame seeds
- 200g almonds
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 7 tbsp. organic cold-milled flax seeds
- 4 tbsp. tahini
- 25g Xylitol
- 150g plain unsweetened carob bars or 75% dark chocolate melted
- 2 tsp organic virgin coconut butter
Method - (Makes 24 bars)
- Place the sesame seeds and almonds in a food processor and blend until finely ground. Add the cinnamon and flax seeds and mix thoroughly.
- In a pan, melt together the tahini, coconut butter, xylitol and chocolate.
- Stir in the almond mixture and beat well to form a sticky paste.
- Press the mixture into a lightly greased and lined tin (approx. 30cm x 20cm) and chill in the fridge for two to three hours until firm. Cut into small bars and enjoy!
Original source: www.highernature.com/practitioners.
Other chocolate based recipes of interest: