Many store bought nut-milks are full of nasties like sugar and preservatives. Try this easy almond milk recipe, which is great for smoothies or within recipes – making it the perfect dairy-free alternative.
Makes: 1 cups (2 servings)
- 50 grams almonds, soaked overnight, rinsed and drained
- 360 mls purified water
- 2-3 pitted dates
- Teaspoon vanilla extract
Place all ingredients into high-powered blender. Blend until smooth.
- To separate the “milk” from the almond pulp and skins, squeeze through a cloth mesh
bag or a double layer of cheesecloth. Reserve the pulp.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- The milk can be stored in sealed glass jars in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Note: Store left over almond pulp in an airtight container in the freezer for up to four
For Chai Almond Milk: Replace the vanilla extract with two squirts of chai extract.
Milk Related Stories:
- Raw Vegan Cashew Milk Recipe
- Milk Thistle - Natures Medicine
- Brazile Nut Milk Recipe
- Almond Milk Recipe
- Should You Go Dairy Free?
- What Are The Alternatives To Dairy