A delicious recipe created by our raw food chef Magalie at Amchara Gozo.
- 250g almond milk
- 150ml water
- 90g quinoa, uncooked
- 300g apples grated with skin
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground cardamom
- 1 vanilla pod, split
- 16g almonds (broken in small pieces, for topping)
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup or honey.
Rinse quinoa under cold running water. Combine with water and milk in a pot and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and cover. Add cinnamon, vanilla and cardamom. Cook for 20 minutes until soft. Add apple. Cook for 5 minutes until creamy. Add more milk (if needed) for a creamier texture. Top the quinoa with the broken almonds and a date.
Other breakfast topics & recipes: