Mango is a sweet ad tasty treat but it is important not to forget that it is also great for your health.
Check out the top 10 health benefits of mango and why you should be eating more every day.
1. Cancer FightingStudies have found that mango contains powerful antioxidant compounds including quercetin, isoquercitrin, gallic acid, astragalin, fisetin and methylgallat. These antioxidants help to protect against certain cancers, including prostate, colon, breast cancer and leukaemia.
2. Cholesterol ControlLDL (bad) cholesterol levels are lowered thanks to the high fibre, vitamin C and pectin content in mango.
3. Youthful Clear Skin
Eating mango helps to fight against spot prone skin as it helps to clear pores, and it has also been known to be used externally for skin too. Its vitamin E content helps to keep skin younger looking for longer.
4. Healthy EyesJust a single serving of mango gives a quarter of your daily amount of vitamin A, the vitamin that promotes healthy eyesight and helps to prevent eye related disease and illness.
5. Alkalising The BodyThe alkali reserve of your body is reserved thanks to the content of malic acid, tartaric acid and citric acid in mango.
6. DiabetesMango leaves help to regulate insulin levels in the blood. As mango also has a fairly low glycaemic index, it is safe to eat without causing sugar spikes.
7. Better LibidoMangoes are rich in vitamin E. Originally the link between vitamin E and libido was discovered by mistake in a large rat study, but since then, new studies have uncovered that there is strong evidence to suggest that vitamin E supports a healthy libido in humans.
8. DigestionMango is packed full of enzymes that aid digestion by breaking down proteins. The fibre contained in in mango also aids digestion too.
9. Heat StrokeExtracting juice from green mango and combining it with water helps to revive a body suffering from heat stroke.
10. Immunity BoostHigh levels of vitamin C and vitamin A in mango as well as the plentiful carotenoids help to maintain a strong and healthy immune system.
Mango Related Topics: