Created by our raw food chef Magalie, at Amchara Malta. These are quick and easy to make as either a healthy snack or dessert.
Makes 18 balls
- 110g ground almonds
- 50g ground walnuts
- 45g agave nectar or honey
- 1g sea salt
- 100g dates, pitted
- 1 whole fresh vanilla pod
- 3 drops peppermint essential oil
- 50g carob
Coatings for balls
- Sesame seed to coat (20g)
- Freeze-dried raspberry powder
- Desiccated coconut
- Place almonds and walnuts in the vitamix, blend until flour consistency.
- In a bowl, mix the nut mix, dates (pitted), salt, vanilla and carob. Process well.
- Add agave or honey and process until it begins to stick together. Form a ball and roll in the three various coatings.
- Leave in fridge for 2 hours to set. They keep for a few days and if you freeze them, they keep for a few months.
Other snack ideas:
- Coconut Energy Balls
- Nutritiously Nutty, Protein Packed Energy Bar
- Reasons To Snack On Raw Foods
- 5 Snacks to Keep You Fit and Healthy