This has got to be one of the easiest to make, nutrient packed energy bars that you will ever find! Bursting with anti-inflammatory omega 3s and hormone balancing phytonutrients. Ideal to pop in your gym bag or for those between meal 'I'm starving' moments when you don't want to resort to eating sugary junk food.
- 1 x 450g Jar organic nut butter ( walnut, cashew, macadonia)
- 120g Xylitol (natural sweetener)
- 200g Organic Coconut Butter
- 200g Organic ground almonds
- 100g Organic Brazil nuts or hazelnuts
- 70g Organic flaxseeds
- 70g Organic Goji berries or Cranberries
- 60g Organic coconut chips/flakes
- 70g Organic buckwheat
- 3 tsp Cinnamon
- 8 scoops vanilla flavoured protein powder
- 4 tbpn Organic Flaxseed oil
- Melt the nut butter together with the Zylosweet and coconut butter.
- Put rest of the ingredients in a blender and blend to required consistency.
- Mix blended ingredients with the melted ingredients.
- Pour over the flaxseed oil into the mixture at the end.
- Put finished mixture into a dish, spread out and put in the fridge to harden. Cut into squares and serve.
* NB - Protein powders provide high quality protein in a concentrated form and come from a variety of sources (animal and plant), typically egg, rice, pea, hemp, whey and soya. They can easily be found at your local health food shop and often come in different flavours.
You may also be interested to read: