This one is great, healthy alternative for lunch or dinner. Grain and dairy free, it is full of nutrients an essential fats and was created by one of our raw food chefs, Lucka at Amchara Gozo.
- Food processor (optional)
- 1 medium cauliflower, divided into florets
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- juice of ½ lemon or about 2 tbsp
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp yacon syrup or raw honey
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- ½ tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor or chop the florets with knife.
- Mix cauliflower and the lemon juice in a bowl and leave to rest for up to one hour.
- Blend the dressing ingredients in a blender.
- Mix in the rest of the dry ingredients and the lemon cauliflower mixture.
- Just before serving, mix in the dressing (not necessarily all of it).
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes and pumpkin seeds.
Related recipes & topics:
- Filled Avocados
- The 5 Health Benefits of an Avocado
- Cauliflower Zucchine Pasta with Beetroot Sauce and Pesto