Kale Chips aren’t as difficult or as time consuming as you think – try these for a healthier snack.
Makes: 2 trays
- 2 bunches of kale, broken into large pieces, by hand
- 180 mls tahini
- 60 mls tamari
- 60 mls apple cider vinegar
- 60 mls water – more if needed
- 2 spring onions
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- Place kale in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth to get a thick consistency. More water may need to be added.
- Pour over kale. Mix well, making sure all the kale is completely coated. Massage the dressing into the kale for two to three minutes.
- Place the kale on a non-stick sheet in the dehydrator at 42°C (110°F) for 4 hours, or until crisp and dry.
- Rotate the kale occasionally, to ensure uniform drying patterns.