Natural Homemade Sunscreen Ingredients
- 100ml almond or olive oil
- 50ml coconut oil (natural SPF 4)
- 50ml cup natural beeswax
- 2 tbsp zinc oxide (This is a non-nano version that won’t be absorbed into the skin. For safety reasons do not inhale the powder when making!) This makes a natural SPF of 20+ or more)
- Optional: 1 teaspoon Vitamin E oil to nourish the skin
- Optional: 2 tablespoons shea butter for softer skin (natural SPF 4-5)
- Optional: essential oils for fragrance (use natural insect repelling oils for best results)
How to Make Amchara’s Natural Sun Cream
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the zinc oxide in a large glass jar. Mason jars do the job well.
- Fill a medium sized pan with a 2 inches of water and warm up over a medium heat.
- Put a lid on the jar loosely and place inside the pan of water.
- As the water heats the ingredients, they will begin to melt so that you can combine them. n the jar will start to melt. Stir them together every so often. When all ingredients are completely melted and mixed, add the zinc oxide and stir in, then pour the mixture quickly into whatever jar or pot you want to store it in. Don’t use lotion pump bottles as the mixture is too thick, a smallish mason jar is ideal as the lid helps to keep the jar airtight.
- As the mix cools stir a few more times to ensure the zinc oxide incorporates.
- Use when needed as sunscreen, and use within 6 months.