A delicious alternative to take-away – this recipe is perfect for those who would like a quick and nutritious meal – created by our raw food chef Magalie at Amchara Gozo.
- 2 cups diced butternut squash or pumpkin, cooked in water and mashed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ cup spinach, cooked
- 1 shallot, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup ground almonds
- 2 tbsps. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric (organic preferably)
- 1 handful fresh parsley.
Almond parmesan (for topping)
- 140g almond
- 6g garlic
- 5g sea salt.
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl and leave it to set for 10 minutes.
- Form in the shape of burgers.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 170 degrees Celsius (you may need to adjust the oven).
- When ready, top with almond parmesan. The burgers should still be moist not dry.